Show All Answers
Interior and exterior painting or decorating or necessary repairs that do not involve material alteration of structural features can be done without a permit. Examples of work not requiring a permit would include:
- Replacement of broken window glass
- Repair of a frozen water pipe
- Replacement or repair of a broken electrical receptacle.
If you have any question regarding the need for a permit, please contact us at 845-279-2123.
All fences and walls require a Permit. Allowable fence and wall heights differ between Zoning Districts:
- R-20 - 36 inches maximum height across front property line and for a distance of 35 feet along each side property line
- R-40, R-60, and R-80 - 36 inches maximum height across front property line and for a distance of 50 feet along each side property line.
- R-160 -36 inches maximum height across front property line and for a distance of 100 feet along each side property line.
In all Residential Districts, a fence or wall up to 72 inches high is permitted on the balance of the side property line and on the rear property line. To allow for maintenance, the fence or wall should be set in 1 to 2 feet from the lot line. There is no regulation that defines which side of the fence faces the adjoining property.